Posted on 2019-09-12 09:11:26
If you’re looking for a new pet, please consider adopting from our SPCA. Rescue animals aren’t ‘damaged goods’. On the contrary, they’re wiser, more loving and loyal because they’ve experienced more of life – and they know that not all humans are kind. Every dog and cat we offer for adoption has been examined at our clinic, de-wormed and inoculated, and will be spayed or neutered before being allowed home with you, to prevent unwanted litters.
How to adopt
1. Visit our SPCA to choose a dog or cat.
2. Once you’ve found ‘your’ pet, you’ll need to complete a form and pay a R100 booking fee, which is deducted from the adoption fee.
3. An SPCA Inspector will visit your home at a convenient time to make sure it’s suitable for the animal you’ve chosen.
4. With the formalities over, you’ll pay the balance of the adoption fee. (Currently R780 for dogs and puppies, R580 for cats and kittens).
5. Your new pet will be microchipped and will also get a collar with an ID disk.
6. The adoption bell will ring out in celebration – and you’re ready to take your new pet home.